It was an easy process and I managed to fill just short of 80 bottles, I probably could have squeezed out another 8 bottles but I ran out of bottles. I filled each bottle with roughly 1 teaspoon of white sugar.
I didn’t take any hydrometer readings, I know I should!
I tasted both ales and was impressed with the Pilsner as you could really taste the honey which made it quite sweet. The Brown Ale was good too, a typical ale and reminded me of the Woodfordes kits I have done in the past. I took a picture of each ale to record what it looked like into the bottles.
Now to keep the bottles warm for a week and then take them down to the shed and leave them for 3 weeks till the first tasting.
Last weekend I got another home brew experiment on the go, this time I’m using a Coopers Pilsener kit from Coopers Heritage range of kits. I’ve never done this kit before, I tend to stay away from larger style kits as I prefer ale.
To add something different to the beer I’ve opted to add a jar of honey into the mix. I decided to go for some upmarket honey rather than any value/own brand honey. I ended with a 325 gram jar of Australian Blossom honey from Waitrose.
The sugar used was just a kilogram of silver spoon white sugar.
All the ingredients were added into the fermentation bucket at the same time and mixed thoroughly. The bucket was filled up to 23 litres.
There has been 1 week of fermentation with good weather which has meant there has been lots of activity and gas being produced coming through the airlock. The brew is very light coloured in the bucket so far. In the initial parts of the fermentation you could see the honey suspended in the bucked but this has now disappeared.