My latest home brewing experiment has involved 2 kits that were going out of date. I’m not sure the impact of out of date beer kits, I imagine they would last a lot longer than the date stamped on the bottom of the can like most food stuffs.
My idea was to combine both kits in the fermenting bucket, add 1kg of sugar and about 20 litres of water. I did this last weekend and the fermenting has been working well with the airlock making plenty of noise from the gases being made. I’ve never combined 2 kits before, usually its too expensive to do, but I got these kits cheap from Wilko’s in the sale last year so thought it would be an ideal opportunity and if it turns out like something I made in my bath tub I’ve not lost much.
I hope to bottle the beer next weekend and should get an idea of how it will taste and will report back.